Saturday, July 12, 2014

Oshare Kei- Insights, Tips, and Useful Guidelines

  "Oshare Kei"– a very famous branch of Visual Kei that is closely linked to Gothic Lolita, Decora, and many other sub-genres has made its way into many cultural practices other than that of the Japanese culture.

  This genre consists of light colors such as pastels, neons, and naturals interwoven into the hair, makeup, and clothing that makes it up.

  I'll gladly lead you into the bright and poppy world of Oshare Kei with my first blog~!

  Makeup. So, for makeup, it's traditional to use black eyeliner and neon eye shadows with a few gems wherever you like on your face. For those of you interested in Oshare Kei, but not fully ready to block out the overly judgmental voices of those around you, I suggest starting out simple.

  1.)Apply your eye shadow sparingly. Green, purple, blue, red, pink, yellow, beige, and any other color will work just fine.

  2.)Don't use too much black eyeliner. Even white or other colored eyeliner can be used.

  3.)I'd suggest skipping the facial decorations until you're more familiar and comfortable with the category.

  Clothing. Although Oshare Kei centers around light colors, there's nothing wrong with wearing blacks and browns. If it matches, use it! Small jackets, tutus(I would also suggest to put this off for a little bit), dark torn leggings with light leggings underneath looks cute. Skirts, and slightly loose fitting shirts with cute animals or motifs are good to start off with. Use things that you already have.

Jewelry. Using more than one bracelet, ring, or necklace is suggested. I'm not saying to overdo it and cover your arms with bracelets, but the more the better in most cases. For beginners, three rings(give or take one or two, it's really up to you) is a good number. Four bracelets, and one to two necklaces would be a good and subtly calm start.

  I'm sorry that this blog was so short and vague! If you have any questions, or want to request that I do something to show you how it'll turn out, just let me know and I'll do my best~!

  —Emi

No comments:

Post a Comment